The mission of the Department of Extended Studies is to offer non-traditional, continuing and alternative academic educational opportunities for adult learners. The Department of Extended Studies is located within the School of Business, Management, and Technology, and is designed to give working, non-traditional and community college transfer students the option to pursue a degree and/or achieve personal/professional development. It offers flexible night and weekend courses. The degree programs include Organizational Management, Criminal Justice, and Religious Studies. Students complete their program of study at an accelerated pace within 18-24 months, depending on the amount of transferrable credits.
The Saint Augustine’s University Department of Extended Studies offers flexible night and weekend classes with open and continuous enrollment throughout the year. Students in this department can earn a bachelor’s degree in an accelerated timeframe. The Department provides opportunities for academic excellence and advancement for adults who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. The major objectives of the programs of study are:
- To prepare students to excel academically and make appropriate adjustments in their critical thinking and marketability to achieve career successes in evolving work environments;
- To create strong written communication skills;
- To equip with problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- To improve the understanding of research techniques and applications;
- To ensure self-knowledge and self-image growth;
- To foster self-reliance and leadership skills;
- To promote job marketability, mobility, and promotion;
- To expose to professionals and community leaders for career development.