The degree programs at St. Augustine’s University are approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency (NCSAA) for VA Education and Training benefits provided under the following VA programs:
• Post-9/11 GI Bill – Chapter 33
• Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR) – Chapter 30 & Chapter 1606
• Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA and Fry Scholarship) – Chapter 35
• Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) – Chapter 31
In addition, St. Augustine’s complies with Executive Order 13607, signed by the President on April 27, 2012, which establishes “Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members”.
Following acceptance by the University, the following is required for all eligible VA Education Benefits students:
· Apply for your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) using the VA, “Veterans On-Line Application” (VONAPP)
o Upon receipt of the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE), provide a copy to the VA School Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar.
· Each term for which VA Education Benefits are utilized:
i. Prior to the start of the term, complete St. Augustine’s VA Education Benefits’ VA Certification Request
ii. Provide prompt notification of all enrollment changes to the VA School Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar.
iii. Meet St. Augustine’s University tuition and fee expense obligations in the same manner as non-VA students.
o [Note: This requirement does not apply to Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) – Chapter 31 students].
Montgomery GI Bill students (Chapters 30 and 1606) must verify monthly St. Augustine’s enrollment through the VA’s "Web Automated Verification of Enrollment"(WAVE)
Detailed information concerning all aspects of Veterans Education Benefits can be found on the VA “Education and Training Website”