Julia Chester Emery Gymnasium
Saint Augustine's University
1315 Oakwood Ave.
Raleigh, NC 27610
Honors Convocation is an annual celebration where the University publicly recognizes and commends students for their distinguished academic achievements. It is highly appropriate that those students are honored who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, scholarship, and community service. Honors Convocation is among the most important ceremonies of the University’s academic year.
Frequently asked questions:
What award will I be getting? You will receive an electronic letter that specifies your highest award. Your Dean or Chair will contact you if you are getting a special School award. Here are the general categories:
- Dean’s List – Full-time students with a semester GPA of at least a 3.0 and no grade below a “C”
- Provost’s List – Full-time students with a cumulative GPA 3.0-3.64 with no grade below a “C”
- President’s List – Full-time students with a cumulative GPA 3.65 and up with no grade below a “C”
- Freshmen Scholar – First-year traditional students with a cumulative GPA of 4.0
What should I wear? This is a formal event so business attire is recommended.
- Ladies: Black, blue, or grey suit or dress, professional/dress shoes with a low heel.
- Gentlemen: Black, blue, or grey suit, white shirt, tie and professional/dress shoes.
What if I can’t attend the event? How do I get my award? Contact your school Dean. They can make arrangement to get your certificate/s to you.
What time should I arrive? The program will begin promptly at 10 am. You and your guests should plan to be in your seats by 9:30. The venue tends to fill quickly, so please be early.